Sunday, August 18, 2024

The Plate


I'm going to the "Lederer-Abeles Cousin Gathering" in New Jersey this next weekend.  We've been planning this for a long time.  It's not really a reunion because most of us have never met before.  On the planning meetings, one person remarked that it was like we were planning for 300 but we knew 30 would come.  All are descended from the 11 children of Samuel Lederer/Marie Abeles who owned a tannery in New Brunswick. 

My group "Team Clara" will be very well represented.

Many people have talked about plates, specifically the commemorative plate given for the attendees of Samuel and Mari's 50 wedding anniversary.  Many people had plates.  My grandparents were children in 1902.  But there parents Clara and Morris Baumann would have likely have gone.  But I didn't have any plate.  What about the plate?

I was talking to my cousin Mary Ann (who is also attending).  I mentioned the anniversary and she said "with the plate!"  "Yes!"  She says "I have the plate right here on the wall!"  And so she does.  That solves one mystery!


No comments: