Monday, August 19, 2024

Temperature blanket


 A temperature blanket (more like a scarf) is a way to demonstrate climate change through art.  Did I write about this before?  Each crocheted row reflects the top temperature for that day in that place.  So you can compare years.

I did send away for a set (my colors are much prettier) which sends you yarn in the different colors and a chart of temperatures.  I'm starting out with 2023 Lake Forest Park.  Plus it was on sale.  You all know that I'm not a craft person.  But I've done my share of crocheting.  The obligatory bag of granny squares that my mom eventually took with her to make my blanket.  A nice one too.  But I don't have a crochet hook.  But Naomi does and she's picking us up.

This train is already delayed so that's what changed my mind.  Looks like there's a yard shop right by the train station.


No comments: