Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Prep and heard from Amsterdam


Here are the cutup veggies to be cooked in butter and added to the stuffing.  Quite a few.  I'm remembering that I haven't had to do these last few years.  Why?  Because my brother and sister were here to cut them up for me.  I will stuff the turkey tomorrow morning and cook it.  But my sister Pam is really good at stuffing the turkey.  But my brother and sister did not come this year because of COVID.  But, the stuffing is all made.  A whole big soup pot full of stuffing.

I can really see the xmas holiday is going to be a real problem.  More and more I see, you cannot get your family together.  And even though I minimize the xmas holidays, I still get my adult kids together a lot.  Ilana and Matt will be around.  Susanna and Naomi have late December birthdays.  We usually have xmas eve take out, xmas breakfast.  It goes on and on.  But I've got to say no over and over again.  People can't get past Thanksgiving, what about Christmas.  The way that the hospitals are filling up, there may not be care for the sick.

That said, Suzie and Megan's hot water isn't working.  Megan was just here, Suzie will be soon.

I called Thai takeout for tonight,

Heard from my contact in Amsterdam regarding the laying of the Stolperstein memorial.  There may be a date of April 21.  But that's maybe too soon.  If Christmas looks bad, Netherlands isn't going to let Americans come into their country.  We'll see, we'll see.  Also heard back from my German genealogy for hire.  And we all might be busy in April.... 




No comments: