Friday, March 7, 2014

Photoessay #2866 - Fairfield University

I'm continuing to prepare for my trip to Connecticut now less than 4 weeks away.  The conference itself will be held at Fairfield University (aerial shot is my illustration).  Private (undergraduate tution - 42k!) college.  About 5K enrollment.  Apparently Fairfield is a prosperous community.

Trying to figure out the trip.  I've written to the rabbi at Mishkan Israel and asked if they would like me to present the talk at the temple.  I'm speaking on an important member in their history.  Don't know if anybody is interested.  I don't know there are that many people immersed in 19th century New Haven.  Which does beg the question.

Haven't heard.

I'm pretty sick of practicing this thing....  I would like to get a 10 minute version but realistically it comes in at 12-13 minutes.  I haven't got a clean run-through so I guess I have to try it again.

Our plan is to arrive on Thursday so if there's severe airline tie-up getting across the whole darn company, we will have some space.  Really, that's a long way to travel for a particular short event.  Wish they would post the specifics of the program.  I've received information in bits and pieces.

As I often say, poking a little fun at myself "Oh, that's just so second-wave."  Referring to feminism as observed by current scholars.

No comments: