Thursday, March 6, 2014

Photoessay #2865 - More and more speech practice

I have become a frequent flier at the Public Speaking Center at UW.  I've gone two or three times/week for the last several weeks.  They'll close down for the quarter so I want to get as much as I can. 

I practice and practice.  I have one card I'm using.  Most is memorized.  I have a short and a long version.  I want to get to 10 minutes; that's hard.  Supposedly I have 20 minutes but I've been warned that your time can be cut for whatever reason.

I want it to be really smooth.  I do have some public speaking experience but mostly giving programs at Parent Group.  As, somebody pointed out, it's a very friendly audience and I have a lot of credibility.

So I'm working on it and working on it.  I have to be careful because I wouldn't want to end the conversation without the Board of Education part so I just can't cut it short.  I'll continue.  There's about a million reasons I can always think of to not practice it.

Think I could be as good as Michele Obama?  Yeah, that would be a stretch.  Mostly I have to slow down, work on not dropping my voice at the end of an idea and say his name more often.

I'm working on it!

No comments: