Sunday, February 9, 2014

Photoessay #2583 - Sandy in the oranges



Here I am in an orange grove in the San Gabriel Valley.  This was actually the small grove at the Huntington Library,.  As Dennis says, we have to pay $23 to go see the house of the robber baron?  Yes, we do.  We did not come close to seeing the whole thing before we decided that our feet hurt and it was close to closing.

We've come to the conclusion that we've seen everything that there is to see in Glendora but we are stuck here until tomorrow afternoon.  Soon we will go way far away to the Getty to meet me third cousin Jon 'in the movies' Tower.

But here I stand in the orange grove.  Looking how I look.  I've rejoined the orange trees from back in the day.

I took a picture of a friend at her daughter's wedding.  She's so joyous and happy in the picture as she watches the ceremony.  I showed her the picture and she couldn't see how happy she was, just that she was overweight and how shameful.  See how it works?

No comments: