Saturday, February 8, 2014

Photoessay #2852 - Orange Trees




I've found orange trees.  There's not too many around.  What's weird here in SoCal is that people don't seem to pick the oranges on their orange trees.  Also it's not quite the time for orange blossoms.

First I found some at the Glendora Historical Society,.  We waited awhile for them and I took some pictures.  They told me about the orange trees at Heritage Park; where it was, etc.  So we made our way there, small park, dog park.  Then we walked down this little unpaved road and met the people at the Glendora Preservation Trust.

A few retired folks, they have a small citrus grove laden with fruit.  A small historical house (we got the tour).  An old press in a garage.  One member showed me all around their little orchard and insisted I pick some.

We had a gay time there for several hours.

We then had a late lunch at a local restaurant and on to Huntington Library.

First picture was with the Glendora Preservation folks; the secon was from a small orange grove at the Huntington library.

No comments: