Saturday, July 30, 2011

Photoessay #1466 - Mount Rainier




As we promised, we took Melina up to Mount Rainier today. Gorgeous and breathtaking and the perfect day to do it. We went to Sunrise, the second most visited site, which is the highest you can drive up the mountain (6400 feet). We had a picnic lunch, messed around the visitor center, took some short hikes, had ice cream. Plus Melina got a lot of time to play in the snow. Temp was near 70 degrees the whole afternoon but still a lot of snow around.

Quite a few attractions, but for the kid crowd, nothing compared with sliding down a snow bank on a plastic bag. Some kids had a little course right by the parking lot, she slid down a few others with GREAT excitement.

First picture is a nice shot of Melina and Dennis by a viewpoint. Except for the darn sunglasses. Yes, I'm reflected in them. Next, Melina sliding down a snow bank.

This week, for my photo class, we're supposed to shoot in black and white. With red filter, natch. Which I can do even on my weenie camera. Here's my best effort for the day (only a little photoshopped). OK, I admit it, I took it out the window from a moving car.

No comments: