Sunday, July 24, 2011

Photoessay #1460 - My beautiful stairs


Check out my new half flight of stairs between my entry and the upper story (we have a standard issue 1970s mid-entry house). The treads are oak and the sides are the laminate we used for the rest of the flooring. The older man who put them in worked quietly and diligently until about 10pm at night to craft these stairs. Don't think he spoke much English.

Anyway, they are pretty and I admired them.

Yes, that's Teddy also featured who always watches where I (or other household members) go. We realized that dogs in several cities are outlawed and can be destroyed if they 'look like a pit bull'. Teddy would be persecuted.

He cowered downstairs with me during these last few days when the workers were sawing and pounding. He didn't want to have a thing to do with them.

Just returned from the Gilbert and Sullivan production, Ruddigore with the usual extended crowd. We brought Melina and Naomi.

No comments: