Sunday, July 17, 2011

Photoessay #1453 - Bluish sky


Today is quieter, Charlie went home. We watched the World Cup Women's game. Also desultorily following Canada Cup online. Actually now it's called Canadian Open Fastpitch. Couldn't make it up there, just didn't work out. We did have fish and chips at Spuds at Alki, fun and tasty. But I rather pine for those huge pieces of fish from Coney Island Fish at White Rock. Somehow, I think that it's a big day for woomen's athletics for Japan. The championship game to be held later today is USA vs Japan. Watched a little bit of the game online earlier today, saw the incomparable Yukiko Ueno pitch. I remember I was the one in the UCS community, maybe seven years ago to say "Wow, saw this pitcher Yukiko Ueno of Japan, she throws the ball harder than anybody I've EVER seen" She's the pitcher who defeated Team USA in the 2008 Olympics.

Been messing with my pictures and generally becoming frustrated, can't figure out how to select my baby chicks in my baby seagull pictures. Charlie showed me how but.... he's gone. I'll feature another picture I took yesterday on the ferry. Bluish skies.

The new countertops are in and I'm very optimistic that the floors will follow this week. James says the new carpets are IN.

Tonight we are going to a ritual burning; sounds weirder than it is. A fellow member of Parent Group received a CASA report that was very upsetting and rather inappropriate. It's not as bad she thinks. They should be a page or two along, this sucker's 30 pages single spaced. I've been in possession of it ever since, she didn't even want it in her house. All we could think of to do was to burn it. Which we're doing in a backyard of other group members in West Seattle. They have a portable fireplace thing. I'm bringing the makings for s'mores.

No comments: