Thursday, July 7, 2011

Photoessay #1443 - Oregon Blossoms



I've already featured a shot from each of these gardens. But I have so many pretty pictures, everybody can use another flower in their life, right?

First another beautiful iris from the Schreyer Iris Gardens just north of Salem. We were at the tail end of their display garden but still lots to see. Something about the depiction and shape of iris really appeals to me. This showy bloom contrasts deep purple and silvery white coloring in the midst of flowering fuchsias.

The second shows some equally showy blooms at the Owens Rose Garden in Eugene. I never had seen it in bloom. Lots of old fashioned floribunda bushes. Check out this multi-colored rose extravaganza. This is all the same bush. Talk about mass effect!

Dennis will almost always go for looking at a garden. How many times did we go look at the old filbert trees at the Dorris Ranch? This time he thought we were going to the azalea garden in Eugene, nope wrong season. He likes the flowers too though he won't admit it.

Tonight I start my digital photography where I will learn to do things right. I've been messing around a few years with my camera commemorating parts of my life.

Today starts the actual work on my kitchen/dining/living/hall. James just called and said he can't get the paint until tomorrow but he's still coming buy to clean everything all up.

No comments: