Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Photoessay #1442 - Silver Lake from a boat


Last Thursday, on our road trip, when the storm in the Sierra had passed, Dennis and I rented a boat for two hours. OK, it was one of the ones with the outboard motors, next time, we'll try a canoe. The water truly was like glass that day (as opposed to white caps previously). We noodled around Silver Lake on a mild sunny alpine morning. We could see the water district people on the dam, likely continuing to send as much water down the Silver Fork of the American River as they could because there was a lot more melt to come. Really a lovely time, Dennis knew how to work the motor so we just cruised around. Later we just relaxed on our deck of the cabin. I really like Kit Carson Lodge. The new owner told me that 42% of their guests have been coming 10 years or more.

I chose this picture because I like the boat pointing right to the mountain.

Things are starting to heat up around here. James is starting tomorrow painting the kitchen and replacing some of the laminate on the countertops. I assume that he'll continue with painting the dining room and living room. And pull out the carpet and putting in the new floor that looks like wood but isn't wood. Which will involve lots of moving stuff around.

Naomi is here working 4 days/wk at the YMCA day camp. And Matt is here occupying the guest room commuting to his internship. So, of course, my brother calls, says he's going to be in Seattle all next week. All I've got to offer is setting up Ilana's mattress on the floor. That room currently features a large paper shredding operation plus a bunch of furniture that Susanna dumped in there. He'll take it. I tell Dennis; he suggests we should move out to a motel.

Plus the two year old dog who's supposed to be on bedrest recovering from an eye injury.

I must like it having tons of people around because I always seem to set up that situation.

No comments: