Monday, June 13, 2011

Photoessay #1320 - Happy Birthday Danny!


Danny turned 29 and he asked to have a home-cooked dinner. How about some of those things I liked as a kid, he asked? Like clam spaghetti. Sure, I answered, how about a lemon pie? Yeah and a salad. Thus, the menu was set.

Clam spaghetti was something I kept in the cupboard for when I didn't have anything else in mind. You buy the can of Progresso clam sauce, heat it up and pour it over pasta. That's it. I did trick it up adding butter and cheese. You can see the pan full of it in the picture. I don't think anybody went hungry but we didn't have any leftovers. 8 people, one pie, cut it in eighths and you're done.

Here's the table, Melina kind of got cut out of the picture there on the right. She really enjoys coming over here and doing things. The usual suspects, Ilana and Matt are in Florida. Funny thing, since Matt's gotten there for his visit, I haven't heard from Ilana at all. Though I heard she called yesterday making sure that her card for Danny had arrived.

Danny also brought his little dog Maddi (Yorki Poo). She immediately established dominance over Teddy (who's about 5 times her size). Melina loves throwing the ball in the backyard now she had two dogs. Teddy always wonders why his baby cousin is so mean to him.

Looks more and more likely that I will spend an extra 5 days in California helping out JJ. Talked to her daughter in law Maddy (no relation) today who thought it was a great idea. We decided that we wouldn't give JJ a choice about it, we'll just tell her that Maddy invited me.

Picture at the table of family members at Danny's birthday dinner last night.

No comments: