Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Photoessay #1294 - We're all metadata


In the end, we are all metadata. Not that I'm sure what that means. But I think that Ilana has to assign characteristics to all of the pictures. She's working on a digital archivist internship in Florida.

So she was asking about this picture. It's hard for her because she doesn't know how old people were in certain years. It makes sense for me but that's because I was living it. Which sounds more groovier than it actually was/is.

So this picture from 1972. My father taking the shot. We are at some hotel that looks sort of familiar. But I don't know why. From 1972. We're all dressed up. Linda Canizales' wedding? In Davis? Maybe maybe. Or maybe one of my sibs can know.
From left to right, my brother Charlie, my mom, my sister, me age 20. The fire extinguisher thrown in for good measure.

No comments: