Monday, May 16, 2011

Photoessay #1293 - Central Washington University


One of my kids was waiting for notification that she would be getting into the program she wanted. She had brought up her grades tremendously this past quarter; she had heard they were taking more students. She was expecting a yes or no. And she got a maybe.

She had already been making contingency plans. I want to be a teacher, she says and if they aren't going to take me, I'm not going to stick around, I want to transfer somewhere where I CAN become an elementary teacher. Where? I'll transfer to Central Washington University. Great idea, I thought, smart thinking. So she applied and did preliminary work to get admitted to CWU and worked with their education department.

So today, frustrated by the response, we worked on making that happen. Bought some software something they required. Placed calls to the CWU education department. Sent transcripts. Printed out housing application and sent it in.

Hey, we like Central, it's a lot closer.

No comments: