Sunday, April 24, 2011

Photoessay #1272 - Shatila tray


Ilana brought me a great gift, a half-tray of Shatila's middle-eastern pastries from the bakery in Dearbornm Michigan. We visited there last month. I signed up for an extra snack day in my writing class. My plan was to order a tray of these pastries. They are all yummy with filo dough and honey and nuts.

In this box (I count 35):

Fingers
Burma
Baklawa
Bassma
Ballourie
Bird nests
Mini roses

I spent a bunch of time figuring out which was which but it doesn't matter, they are all delicious. And cheap....less than .40 per pastry. That's it, not kidding.

Blows my weight loss program all to hell. Add on an Easter Dinner at Ivar's Salmon House and this is not a good day.

I had been figuring out just what tray I would purchase...I was thinking a full tray because then I would have some left over. 16 women in my class but it won't be the only snack. But this size seems to work fine....we all probably had the equivalent of one piece (5 of us sampling) and we are ALL full.

This was a gift from Ilana but I gave her 5 jars of the Blue Cottage jam to take as gifts for her roommates and people she will be staying with on her trip to Florida. We had brought jam as a gift for her roommates on our trip and they want more! Everybody always wants more of that jam.

No comments: