Monday, April 18, 2011

Photoessay #1266 - John and Drake


I knew I wanted to do something special for the man who helped me on Friday with Teddy. He helped me at the park try to stop the bleeding from Teddy's ear. A little while later, I stopped on the side of the road to try to get the 'bleeding Teddy' situation more in control. Turns out it was right near his house and he saw me stop and offered aid. I asked him to come with me to the vet to hold Teddy. And he did.

I decided to write him a personal thank you note on my special Venice stationery that I save for special occasions. I wondered about a gift, it felt kind of funny. But, at the last minute, I figured it out. I filled a baggie with doggie treats for Drake, his dog. Yes, that would work. So I wrote the note. And took it over to him because I knew where he lived.

It feels a little awkward but I wanted to convey my appreciation. It can go a long way in terms of the universe. I put something on Facebook and my son wrote:

its always refreshing to know there are people like that out there. Thanx for helping my 'brother' Drake lol!


So I went over and delivered the note and the doggie treats. Found out his name was John. He was happy to see us, glad to see that Teddy and his ear were ok. Accepted my note and my bag of doggie treats.

Here's a picture of John with his dog Drake taken this afternoon.

No comments: