Sunday, April 17, 2011

Photoessay #1265 - Ready for Pesach


I am not hosting a Pesach seder this year. The engines for the event, Ilana, Naomi and Janine are all elsewhere. They drove the event these last several years. Fun, we had a houseful including many college and high school students.

I figured that no seder for me this year as I had not made any effort to find one or generally connect with the Jewish community. But Joine is hosting a seder. A few years back, I invited Joline and she came. Not Joline IS having a seder and she wanted to return the favor and invited Dennis and I for her own seder tomorrow night.

Yay, I was so pleased. I had earlier accepted some Seattle Arrts & Lectures tickets to hear Joyce Carole Oates. Actually my teacher Theo had given me one and I bought another one for Dennis. But I was able to give those away, so now we can go to the seder.

I will bring fruit compote and grape juice. And flowers. Bought these flowers from the local farmer folks who rent a space in the local convenience mart's parking lot. Pretty!

Tonight, like within the ne4xt 1.2 hour, I'm going to a team meeting which will include Joline. So I will pack these up and we will enjoy them for the team meeting and that will be one less thing for Joline to do tomorrow.

No comments: