Saturday, April 16, 2011

Photoessay #1264 - Japanese Garden




Dennis and I went to fetch Melina. I had one itinerary in mind but turned out to do another.

Our original plan:
Shoreline Museum
Bento strip mall place on Aurora for lunch
Edmonds Museum
Shorline Library

What we did:

Japanese Garden and Arboretum
Ivar's Salmon House outside fish and chips
Shoreline museum (which was closed despite the website)
Shoreline Library - we checked on my box and checked two books out on Cambodia

Lucky that we stay light on our feet...

Then home. Can't quite play fetch with Teddy with his huge cone though he's eager.

The Japenese Garden was a HUGE hit, Melina loved it, so did we. It's early spring (for here) but some azaleas and magnolias were in bloom. Nice morning, even a little sunny. The pond reflected and the turtles were basking out in the sun. Melina loved the bridges and the stepping stones. Big koi fish swimming around. Uncrowded. Beautiful vistas. A great idea.

Turns out that Melina had never had fish and chips before. At Ivars you can sit out on the water in an outdoor area out back. Right under the I5 freeway bridge so pretty deafening. But we saw somebody come up in their boat on Lake Union and get some lunch and several gulls and ducks were hoping for some french fries.

Teddy's getting used to the cone.....

With Melina's help I tossed out carefully put together photo albums of my parents' 1988 Australia and 1992 Alaska trip. Tess, there were a few pictures of Christchurch (which I know is not in Australia). I kept a few shots of them.

No comments: