Friday, November 20, 2009

Photoessay #898 - Thanksgiving imagery




I love Thanksgiving imagery, the warm colors, the harvest products, the food, the people. I have a whole cupboard of Thanksgiving napkins. Another cupboard of Thanksgiving decorations. Years ago, I purchased a wicker cornucopia at a yard sale. Great buy! I use it everyyear, so much you can put in it, just from your own larder. And aren't we so fortunate to be able to fill it so easily. I even have a hubbard squash which I bought from the little table setup by some neighbors whose son grows organic crops in the Skagit Valley. Plus those gourds I bought at the roadside vegetable stand in rural Poplar Grove (what a great name for a small town) on the blustery chilly autumn day a few weeks ago.

The image with the sheaf of wheat came from a Thanksgiving card I received today from our financial person. The other two are stolen internet pictures. Love all of 'em. Google Thanksgiving images and there's so many pretty things to see.

You can see that it's not a burden for me to put on Thanksgiving dinners.

Plus I have a new extremely fancy potato peeler which I got talked into when Janelle was selling knives.

Wow, you now know what will be featured in this space tomorrow!

No comments: