Saturday, November 21, 2009

Photoessay #899 - Squash and Stuffing



As promised, a shot of my $27 potato peeler. Can't believe I own and paid for such a device. But I did. We bought 3 pieces from Janelle when she started. A knife, kitchen shears and this potato peeler. Now I wish the person who peels potatos so efficiently and cleanly would be by to use said peeler. But she has a softball clinic and coach's meeting so we're on our own. When Susanna peels a potato, it's PEELED. No spots left.

As always, I'm into squash. The squash on the right, looks like a striped green pumpkin is actually a Hubbard squash. Little table down the street manned by an older couple who sell the organic produce from their son's farm. I'm a frequent customer. Dennis just saws it with a garden saw. You can cook the parts in the microwave for about 15 minutes. Butter and brown sugar.....mmmmm I'm a fan! But pretty.

And an extreme closeup of the stuffing for tomorrow's turkey. Features chestnuts and apricots. I had a recipe but where? I winged it. You can't go wrong with stuffing.

No comments: