Sunday, November 22, 2009

Photoessay #899 - Sunday Thanksgiving


The group shot from my Sunday early Thanksgiving from this afternoon. Involves my kids and significant others plus Dennis' immediate family. Susanna and Alice did come later; she participated in a coaching clinic down in Tacoma. My usual deal, I had the turkey (22 lbs) ready by 12:30 pm. Cooked in 4 hrs 20 minutes. This group is small enough to do in the dining room. There was talk this year about moving to a different venue, maybe to Harstene Island. But I found that I wanted to keep it just to have my adult kids come.

We celebrate Thanksgiving big time at our house. We've had two different (but similar) dinners for several years. And you might as well do it twice, you have everything out, really you just have to buy another turkey and make up everything else again. We also do a pretty big deal for Passover.

We have a new method for discouraging Teddy from jumping. Really, nobody likes a 70 pound compact dog jumping on them. A sharp 'shhhh' and pinch his neck. So far so good. He didn't jump at all though,as usual, he was quite social. His first thanksgiving. He loved the preparation, he loved the cooking, he loved the people coming, just a great deal all around for a young dog. "It's all good!" says Teddy.

Later a team meeting for a family with their son in detention, I promised to attend the court hearing on Monday afternoon.

No comments: