
This year's seder as it all turned out. Anybody notice how I jinxed myself a few days ago. "What's to go wrong?" I wrote. Ha ha, I should be smarter than that. The major confusion this year was that I received a phone call around 9am this morning saying that the greater Gellermans were bailing. Janine was ill, they had all been up all night, etc. I was counting them to help anchor the event plus they were going to do a lot of the cooking. So I, quick as a bunny, go out and buy asparagus and a big brisket. They still made the soup and the scalloped potatoes. Chesna flaked. Everybody else came but it was Dennis and myself, our 7 year old granddaughter Melina and the other seven participants were between 16-21. A young crowd to be sure!
Here's the group, Dennis convinced us to put a 4x8 sheet of plywood on top of our kitchen table in the middle of the living room and it worked out quite well. He also had purchased a "ten plagues" novelty item from Archie McPhee and it was kind of fun. Little toys representing the plagues. We missed Janine in the singing department but it was all quite high spirited.

1 comment:
Aww, Happy Passover! Predictable or not, it's always an event to remember.
Post a Comment