Friday, January 19, 2024

Where is my hearing aid?

 


So today, I had a bunch of medical appts.  All in a row.  Partly moved from my siblings visit.  I haven't attempted to do something like this since my surgery last October.  I took the car and Dennis didn't come with me.  Did it all myself.  Went to PT, had my teeth cleaned, stopped in a bakery and talked to the knee doctor.

Here's another thread.  I have some hearing aids similar to those pictured.  Notice there are two of them, one for each ear.  I find them very easy to lose.  Especially with glasses, scarves, jackets, masks.  You take them off and the hearing aid goes with them.  The hearing aid people say that these are usually not lost.

So I'm at my last stop.  Can't figure out why the right hearing aid is not connecting.  Look at the troubleshooting screen.  Is the hearing aid on?  It asks.  The left one, yup.  The right one?  Um, where is it?  It's not there!  The right hearing aid has left the building.  Where it is?  I've been a bunch of places, parking lots, bathrooms.

I call the PT place.  I call the Dentist.  I check in at the front desk of the UW clinic.  I retrace my steps including the bathrooms.  Look in the car, look at the jacket and hat, etc.  Do not find it.  I return to the PT place.  I return to the bakery.  I return to dentist.  When I got home, we go over the car very carefully.  Check my belongings.  No hearing aid anywhere.

So I'm going on the theory that it will turn up this weekend.  But I'm bummed because I don't have my hearing aid.  And the replacement?  They said, the first one they replace the first one for $400.  After that, it's the full cost, 2K per.

I'm going to let it lie this weekend.  Anybody know where it is?


No comments: