Sunday, March 28, 2021

Seder Prep



We did the seder by zoom.  We didn't quite have enough vaccinations going and I do like to include people from far away.  We had 18 people from 5 states.  We set it up in the living room so we could include the tv as the monitor.  Dennis wants to start working with 2 cameras so he decided to set up a 'seder cam' focusing on the seder plate (shown in the first picture) and we used it for the Archie McPhee plagues (you have to see them).  He ran up a wire from downstairs.  Now that James is around, he's thinking of asking James to wire it.  That's the thing, when James' is around, projects get done and your bill goes up.

There was a lot of pre-processing for the event.  Suzie and Megan made matza ball soup, Naomi made dessert, Danny made hard-boiled eggs, Nancy made beets.  I made the rest (brisket, charoses, matzah, grape juice, horesradish).  We had all our local people stop by at 1:30 so we could redistribute the food.  So we had 6 households with 9 people.  So Dennis made bags for everybody for this event so everybody would have everything.  In our Event Center (our garage).  As usual I thought I would run out of containers; I don't know how it happened but I ended up with more containers than when I started.

We used the haggadah that Ilana used last year.  I cut some things out but then we added many of them back in anyway.



No comments: