Saturday, May 9, 2020

Welcome yard work


We're not so great on the yard work in the back.  I've learned to just let it go, I can't go out and mow it and Dennis only does it when he really has to.  He weed whacked it for my birthday.  But that was almost a month ago and it was a dandelion forest.  I mean we were losing Jackson out there to the dandelion forest.  Jackson is a dog with dachshund short legs belonging (sort of ) to Suzie and Megan.

Suzie said she was going to mow the lawn in front of the planting on Mother's Day.  So she and Megan came and worked with Dennis cleaning up everything.  It helped that the weather was fabulous, just perfect.  So here's a picture from upstairs, Suzie mowing, Megan trimming, Dennis doing war on dandelions (why bother).  I thought they would do some mowing and I would be so grateful.  But they kept going.  Naomi came by and they put her to work sweeping.  There must be 10 bags of garden waste hauled over there.  Everybody just felt like doing it.  They worked almost 4 hours.

It didn't hurt that I ordered a triple order of yakisoba noodles at the local teriyaki place and cut up a bunch of oranges.  You gotta feed your troops.  We all sat 6 feet apart.

You should see my yard!  It hasn't looked this good for a long time.



No comments: