Saturday, April 5, 2014

My talk went fine!

I had practiced that talk so many times out loud and in my head, I didn't have to even think about it.  It went quite well.  One of the speakers didn't show for my session so we each had plenty of time.  I met the convenor Fiona, really liked her.  I think I went for about 20 minutes.  At the end I had several questions.  About 15 people there.  The other talk, though she had a lot of good material and P. T. Barnum is a big name in Bridgeport, I never could quite get the point of what Irish Home Rule was and the implication of Barnum being for it.

Ceceilia said several times that she had many reports that I had done very well in my talk.  Glad I had Dennis as these things are always hard to get working.  The presentation remote that I bought worked well and I was glad we had it as the next person needed it also.

Disappointed that none of the third cousins came who promised they would...

Afternoon sessions revolved around more current issues.  Douglas Rae from Yale was there; a lot of discussion about his book "The City" which I have looked at recently and read parts of.  I thought it was a worthwhile book before I came and I enjoyed that back and forth.

All and all, a well run 1 day conference.  I did my part.  I made it and I did it.

No comments: