Sunday, March 16, 2014

Photoessay #2875 - Amazon's Mechanical Turk

I heard about this on NPR.  How people doing research or marketing products are using crowdsourcing provided by Amazon.  I tried to figure it out.  I think that, at the very least, you build Amazon credit.  They wanted my SSN which I gave at my peril. 

I tried one out not knowing what I was doing a bit.  I didn't realize how long it was.  Looked pretty easy, just answer some google ranking questions.  For $1.00.  I didn't see the nine other parts!  It took me 40 minutes to do all the tasks.

Not going to make any money that way.  Looks like another time-wasting task like ... well I won't mention all the time-wasting tasks that I sometimes indulge in.  One of which was indexing the 1940 census.  Or playing Candy Crush Saga.  Or writing blogs...

No comments: