Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Photoessay #2870 - My grandaughter

Repurposing a picture from my granddaughter Melina's facebook page.  I don't see her as much now that she's a teenager.  We still invite her for things which she has enjoyed in the past (museums or letterboxing).  She did go with Danny last weekend (I think).

But I thought this was a cute picture she posted of herself.  Shows some design with the diagonal placement and some tension with half being in color.  You've now reached the limit of my art analysis.

Specific information about the ASCH spring meeting is up at http://asch-cthistory.org/spring-meeting/

Check it out!  Especially Morning Concurrent Panel # 4

4)
Ethnic “Others” in Urban Connecticut
Chair and Comment: Fiona Vernal (UConn-Storrs)
Sandra Ginsburgh Barnes(U.of Washington),
"Maier Zunder: A Leading Citizen of Nineteenth-Century New Haven"
Melissa Houston(Barnum Museum),
 “The Showman and the Irish: P.T. Barnum and Home Rule”
Ann-Marie Adams(The Hartford Guardian),
“West Indian Migration to Hartford: Finding a Place, Maintaining Ties”

No comments: