Thursday, February 27, 2014

Photoessay #2858 - Gloria Pascale Slevinsky

Welcome to our world Gloria, newborn daughter of Janine Gellerman Slevinsky and Matthew Slevinsky born yesterday in Vancouver BC.  8 lbs 7 ozs but looks bigger than that to me.  All, I hear, are doing fine after a long labor at home.

Cute as a button is the phrase that comes to me.

Janine is my daughter Ilana's best friend and she's one of the young people that I count as my 'fifth kid'.  I know that she is joyously welcomed by her parents and extended family.  My only job was to feed the animals at her grandmother's and great aunt's house.  But things kept shifting (as it does in a 4 day labor) and I never ended up having to do it at all.

Now it starts even more.  Not that it stopped.  The new generation of young strong people.

No comments: