Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Photoessay #2856 - Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor

Big news, Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor is coming to speak at UW March 10.  There was an elaborate system for getting tickets.  Today they were giving away tickets to undergraduates.  Then,  based on availability, to graduate and professional students on Thursday.  And then to faculty and staff.  They said they would GIVE a copy of her book to undergraduates.

Well, you know what's coming.  What about access students??  I get off the bus right near the HUB (the student union building).  I check it out.  It's the place.  Nobody there.  It's not like there are tons of undergraduates.  Mainly they don't know about it  and it's getting late in the quarter and, lots of times,  you just don't need one more thing.  So, ticket availability is likely not going to be a problem, at least initially.  I ask the fellow the access student question.  He says, he doesn't think access students count as undergraduates.  I reply I'll just come on Thursday, I'll be right there.

Later I walk with our rabbi speaker to the HUB building to get some lunch (she did a great job btw, really good).  I go by the desk.  Nope, nobody there. 

So I'm sure there are very important people ruminating about how this is all going.....

No comments: