Monday, February 24, 2014

Photoessay #2855 - Continuing preparation

I continue to work on my presentation.  I know it's not for 5 weeks or so but it's my major focus.  I'm just on my way down to UW for one of my appointments with the Public Speaking Center.  The key is practice, practice, practice.   I'm already giving it from memory.  I fool with my slide deck.  I give it at every opportunity.  I gave it to my writing group last night.  A friend says she's going to have a tea party for another friend and she wants me to give it.

Most in my family look pained and roll their eyes even at the mention of Maier Zunder.  But too bad!  I have to be ready, very ready.

Ilana points out that I want to give time to hang out with the other presenters as I am now an academic historian.  I got a message this morning talking about the opening speaker being from Univ of Pennsylvania and the closing speakers being from Yale.  Including Douglas Rae.  Hey, I have his book on New Haven right in front of me.  I was using it last night and had been tempted to read some more of it.

Gonna do it!

No comments: