Thursday, January 30, 2014

Photoessay #2853 - Citrus Salad

I made this recipe up.  I made something like this about this time last year.  I'm thinking it would be a good recipe for a superbowl party.  If I was attending one.  With the Seahawks playing this year, this town is Superbowl crazy.

I'm bringing it to a Genealogy group get together in about an hour.  Every month or so, the members of the 2011-2 certificate class gets together at somebody's house.  I hosted once; probably my turn again.  The format is pretty easy, we all sit around and talk about genealogy stuff.  In an animated manner.

The salad?  It started when my husband went to Costco and I asked him to bring my some canned mandarin oranges.  And he brought me this big bag of fresh tangerines.  I went to our loc al grocery story and bought some regular oranges, blood oranges, grapefruit, whatever they had.  Peeled them and combined them.

Pretty!

I'm meeting up with my third cousin 'in the movies' next weekend when we go to socal.  Have a glass of wine late Sunday afternoon at the Getty.  Why the heck not?

No comments: