Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Photoessay #2820 - That Glendora trip

I'm going to start planning it.  It seems to be in a pocket of the greater Los Angeles area with no bed and breakfasts at all.  The only hotels seem to be on (the former) Route 66.  I might write the owners of the house.  I don't really want to do anything other than drive by.  I have no memories of being there.  But I do have some 1954 pictures of the house that they might enjoy.

From Google Earth, it looks sleepy and somewhat affluent.  Not many tourist activities.  Which might just suit us just fine.  One of my obscure trips.

I would like to go by the aeroject site.  Go by St. Lukes Hospital.  Drive up into the mountains.  Maybe go to Huntington Library in Pasadena.

Weather site says it's 66 degrees there now.  Good deal warmer than our current 45 degrees.

View that I took from the City of Glendora website.

No comments: