Friday, August 3, 2012

Photoessay #2097 - My devotional exercise paper



I submitted my devotional exercise paper to the journal "Connecticut History".  I can't believe I really did it.  I've revised it so many times.  I did another complete read-through this morning looking for errors and things I could cut.  All in all, I've cut 3000 words from my original paper I turned in in June..

I look at the title page and realized it's now August.  From my previous lives, I'm not sure about my affiliation.  But I did write this paper as a University of Washington student.  So what if it was a certificate program in genealogy and family history.  I asked Prof. R about it.  He's pretty hit and miss in regards to replying to my questions.  He hasn't written back so I went ahead and did it.

But he did suggest that I submit the paper and the editor of the journal said she was interested in seeing it.  It's a good story and nobody's written about it.  So Dennis rehashed it all again last night.  I (really Dennis) had put in sections to get the page numbering that the professor wanted.  But I needed endnotes rather than footnotes and sections I had originally written didn't seem to be appropriate to a journal submission.  So he pulled them all out and changed things around.  I really don't know what I'm doing but, what the heck!!

I know, some people skydive or do vision quests and I submit a paper I didn't have to write to a regional history journal.

It really is a good yarn. Even reading it for the zillionth time, it comes alive to me. I feel like I know these men. But, even though I think I know Maier Zunder, I don't really.

Can't believe I really did it.

No comments: