Friday, June 1, 2012

Photoessay #2065 - Pop

I don't quite know the definition, I think you know it if you see it. Last summer, I took a photo class out of Edmonds Community College and the instructor liked images that had POP. Where part of the image just popped out. Here's a shot that I took last weekend at the Japanese Garden. On auto with VERY little manipulation. But this picture has POP. That floating blossom just pops out at you. I just noticed that part of the pop is the reflection that adds context. I may have lost some of the detail on the flower.

I'm taking a writing workshop in that same arts program this summer with a friend.

The Oregon Ducks softball team is at the World Series. They lost their opening game to Arizona State. I secretly was following it at my class last night.

No comments: