Monday, August 1, 2011

Photoessay #1489 - Modeling career



We've been cleaning out some old boxes of stuff from way back when. I came upon my stash of Children's Home Society gift catalogs. Who's that in the front of the catalog? My two oldest kids. And check out the interior picture from the previous year or the next year or something. Three of my four kids in that picture. I had brought all four kids. Because I always brought all four kids. I couldn't afford (and I didn't have) babysitting for that large group. Also explains why I didn't go anywhere much. And nobody really wanted me to visit either.

"You'll be glad when we leave", I used to say. Because arriving with four kids always beefed up the headcount in any event. Especially my group who were not exactly quiet. Susanna, alone, always made an impression wherever we went based on noise level alone.

So, the next question is, why are there only three kids in the shot, not four. Ilana remembered, correctly. She was too busy picking her nose so she wasn't asked to be in the picture. Which, I believe, is accurate.

You can't run around with four kids and not have somebody picking their nose or similar. At least I couldn't.

The session came with a large (like 4 feet high) picture of Danny holding a box of apples which was displayed at their cart at SeaTac airport for a year or so. They gave me the big panel and I gave it to Danny.

The picture of the three kids had to be 1990 because Naomi was born in 1989. I can't remember if the cover shot was the year before or after. No dates on these catalogs, Who knows? Who cares?

This is the sum total of my kid's modeling careers.

No comments: