Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Photoessay #1483 - Tarot


Alex' and Megan's wedding the other weekend had a circus theme for the reception. I had a tarot card reading and waited in line for a long time for a palm reading which never happened.

I had never had my tarot cards read. Sounded like a great idea especially as I didn't have any other thing that I had to take care of during the reception, I wasn't serving, taking care of kids, cutting the cake, nothing like that.

She put the cards in four piles, you pick one of the piles. I was especially drawn towards the pile closest to me. She asked me my sign...Aries. She asked me what I would like to know about. I mentioned the transitions in my life and success in my writing. She immediately asked about the transitions, and I told her about the loss of my job at the same time as my mother's death which positively affected my finances.

Then she dealt them out, it all happened so fast. She said "your wish card came up, this is very very positive, first one today. This means your wishes will come true." She looked further "And your love signs are very very strong, you have a lot of love in your live that you receive and give."

She concluded "This is a very very good reading, everything so positive. Anyone would love to have such a good reading."

Now I wish I had a picture of it so I could figure out what she meant. I supposed that's not fair or ethical.

But every positive indicator in our lives, don't you think?

Shot of the tarot card reader just prior to the reading. Taken with her permission.

No comments: