Monday, August 15, 2011

Photoessay #1482 - Popping


"Popping" is a term that my photography teacher uses a lot. She means (as far as I can tell) that using some contrast or technique that really causes an image to stand out, make an impact. I'll have to ask her what she really means.

We're supposed to do a project of five pictures that are somehow related. I've decided to use a small antique oriental rug and take pictures of it in different contexts.

I was using the magic hour, during the early evening when the light is really soft to take closeups of the rug. I had the small rug laid out on the grass in the backyard. In one shot I inadvertently included some of the green grass. Wow, those complementary colors really made the rug 'pop out'.

I'm going to use it in my final sets of pictures. I didn't 'photoshop' this picture at all. Didn't take up the saturation. Straight out of the camera.

No comments: