Saturday, July 9, 2011

Photoessay #1445 - Preparations and depth of field


The kitchen is painted and James, our contractor, says he'll be over tomorrow on Sunday to paint the hall and entry area. In preparation for the big deal which is the new floors. Which means that everything has to move. Including the two china cabinets full of china and related. Dennis spent several hours today packing up all the china like we are going to move. Which we aren't. James says he's got a guy to work with him who's really good on laminate and flooring. But when all this is going to happen with what room, hard to say.

Which is perfect time for a houseguest, don't you think?

I'm tentatively planning for a Tuesday dinner at the noodle house. But no way are they going to give me any kind of reservation. The whole place seats maybe 20.

I don't know when I'm going to be able to cook or not. Most of the kitchen stuff is in another room.

It may be an all Pagliacci pizza week, who knows.

Meanwhile, I was trying to try out the idea of a wide open aperture/shallow depth of field thing. Where you can focus on something near and the far will be blurred. And vice versa. But I'm missing something. For one thing, if you use the zoom, it changes the aperture. I've taken bunches of pictures trying to focus on the near items or the far items. I can't tell any difference on my results at all. So there must still be something I'm missing.

But you can have a picture from my backyard with Teddy the dog

No comments: