Sunday, July 3, 2011

Photoessay #1439 - Klamath River


I have resisted checking my email---not even once. So if you have written to me, I will sort it out when I get home.

We're in Eugene now, hitting the high points. Dinner at the Thai place, noodled around at the softball field to see what's new. Hey, is that a huge picture of Allie Burger up on Mac Court? Cool. After much screwing around, we finally found the rose garden I wanted to see. That's for later. And then the obligatory stop at Prince Puckler's Ice Cream to make that scene.

But most of the day was consumed with the Klamath River Highway which Dennis once rode on his bicycle back in the day. It was long, very very long. But beautiful and a little wild. Made for 10 hours in the car. Many beautiful views. We stopped and took pictures. The shot shows me highlighting the view of the Klamath rather near the beginning of the day.
We started out in Arcata this morning, immediately went towards the Klamath,ending up near the northern border of California.

No comments: