Sunday, June 19, 2011

Photoessay #1426 - More from Harstine get together



Here's an 'interior' view from the potluck dinner at the cabin. Dennis' grandfather built the cabin mostly by himself in the late 1960s. Including the retaining wall over the beach which likely literally killed him. Here the the siblings and cousins are gathered together having a great time telling stories about 'those days'. That's Dennis in the foreground with his back to me taking up a large part of the picture just because he was closest. He likes hearing the stories as he wasn't part of the family at that time.

Aunt Eliza debuts a salmon stuffed with herbs done on the grill (mmmmm) hamming it up a little for me. Because the siblings are spread out over so many years, Eliza (the youngest) is the same age as Dennis.

You can just get a glimpse of my carrot salad in the pottery casserole. My mother's recipe, a hit at every single potluck. With a secret ingredient. Everybody wants the recipe. every time.

Perhaps I will take a picture of it next time I make it....

No comments: