Thursday, June 16, 2011

Photoessay #1323 - The Museum of Flight -- I can prove it!


Just recently we went to visit the Museum of Flight at Boeing Field with Naomi and Melina. I remembered going there a long time ago; my parents wanted to go there. I remember that all I got to do was go up and down the glass elevator with Susanna who shrieked with delight every time we went up and down. You couldn't let her out among the exhibits because she would cause trouble right away, running and screeching and climbing. I remember thinking glumly "Wow, I bet this is a real interesting museum, if I got a chance to maybe look at it." Which I didn't, I was stuck in the elevator.

And then I found this picture, dated Nov 1987. And there we are. Susanna, not quite 3 years old and me in the glass elevator with Dennis and Danny looking from down below. Ilana was 15 months old; I think Dennis is carrying her on his back. And there we are going up and down, Susanna whooped with joy every time we went up and down. Too bad if somebody else wanted to use it.

The elevator is still there. We went on it when we went there recently.

No comments: