
I'm home, I'm so glad to be home! A tough trip! Yikes. As I mentioned, my 83 year old mother fell shortly before my plane landed and she basically was released from the hospital shortly after my plane took off. She fell hitting her head on the bedside table resulting in a gash on the side of head requiring stitches and some facial bruises. She had 'bad' blood readings. But mostly they were concerned that she had bruised her kidney which kept her in the hospital an extra several days. But this morning an new nephrologist came in and said that her blood levels were ok and she officially no longer had a kidney problem. So my sister rushed me to the OHare bus as the doctor's visit had thrown the timing off. I did make the bus, my sister returned to help my mother home from the hospital. My brother returned from Chicago and is spending the night with her tonight.
The whole thing was exhausting. I did get to attend two Rockford Thunder/Chicago Bandit NPF games. Did drop a letterbox at Sportscore, went letterboxing with my brother and we collectively planted my mother's flower pots. I picked out the plants, my sister planted them, my brother ran support.
View from my mother's hospital room...10th Floor, Swedish American Hospital, Rockford IL.
As I may have written earlier, in Rockford, there are two tribes. You are either a Rockford Memorial Hospital person or you are a Swedish American Hospital person. Straight party lines as far as I can tell. My parents are Swedes people all the way.

No comments:
Post a Comment