Sunday, May 11, 2008

Photoessay #350 - Daisy Ducks


Some of the people I will miss in Eugene. The softball team has its community fans. Some of the older folk who support the team and come out and cheer. In addition, an auxiliary organization, the Daisy Ducks, support the team by hosting dinners, raising money, baking cookies for trips, etc etc. Gives community members some involvement with the athletes who are far from home. You hang out at the ball park and they get to be like family to you. Notice the lady on the right (yikes forgot her name, Judy?), she's selling bingo cards to raise money for softball field renovations. She also did a hilarious rap song about the softball team at last year's banquet, I'll dig up a picture. The other couple, they've been there season after season, I've chatted with them many times. They posed for this picture on Saturday. Great great folks

No comments: