Thursday, May 15, 2008

Photoessay #354 - Unlikely garage sale


On this beautiful spring day, I took time out to place my letterbox in Linwood Park on the boundary between Kenmore and Lake Forest Park. All prepared with a stamp carved by Gin, the logbook all done. I had the right plastic box with the top covered by my new camo tape. I knew I would put it in the woods, brushy area at the back of the park. Found a good place INSIDE a 5 trunked tree. Then, with the idea of taking some LFP pictures, I went down 193rd where I had never been before (keep in mind I have less than 4 sq miles to work with) and found this little store-front church in a modest bungalow just a block or so away. Yard sale put on by the parishioners for their missions and alms fund. Stopped and bought 9 late 70s era vinyl photograph records for .50 each including Hawaiian dance music, Russian chorus, Bette Midler, who knows what else. Took this picture of the yard sale lineup. Had some good stuff if you were interested in period era junk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything one would need to live in late '60s time capsule!