
Today, I went out to Bastyr University (not the clinic) to participate in a Cranial Sacro Therapy seminar as a patient at the invitation of my doctor. Whew! I didn't know what to expect, the setting for Bastyr is unusual, a mid-20th century big-Catholic seminary in the center of beautiful verdant St Edward State Park. Walked in and Dr. Soliven was working on one of the class members mainly around the mouth and sinuses, gave me the idea that this could help Dennis with his ongoing sinus issues. About 20 people in attendance.
As often happens, the doctor started asking me some unusual questions. "What do you personally like to do?". Dr. Marnie was there and explained my case with the chronic cervical stenosis. I get on the table and she immediately started feeling and talking about my head "Have you ever had a head injury, did you climb trees, were you ever dropped on your head? I'm feeling a head injury" Immediately, she started pulling in the class members. Before I know it, I have a person at each shoulder, one each at each foot. Pretty soon more and more, they are all at the table touching me, doing something, even the young child. The teacher rapidly called out orders and people started doing things and calling out results...of something. The more she explored, she was convinced it wasn't my neck but an early head injury which I have been compensating for. She starts doing big time manipulation (I later find out she's a chiropractor, it was that sort of thing). Didn't hurt, just intense, so many people there. After they all did what they did, the instructor instructed them to let go gradually one by one. I got up. The teacher said she believed this was all due to a head injury or possibly a delivery injury. So disoriented, dizzy, everybody swimming in front of me. "You'll be sore" they tell me "We did a lot" I mention the acupuncture failure and she agrees it's all part of the same issue, "your electrical system is scrambled". Dr. Marnie worries "will I be ok?" I stumble out still disoriented to see some people wandering with some purpose in the central plaza (see picture). They are quietly standing or slowly walking in different quadrants, some kind of meditation exercise? Or maybe I imagined it? I do go home, stopping at the farmer's market but, for the next few hours, I am unable to concentrate or complete a task. Cannot get focused. Couldn't write anything, watch the softball games, pull a few weeds, nothing. Finally, when Dennis comes home, I just lie down and take a two hour nap. Feel more refreshed now, wonder what it can all mean?

No comments:
Post a Comment