
The title really tells it all. One of my biggest accomplishments for this year. I knew that I would write...but write what? Did I have a novel in me? Journalism? I felt that I had a story to tell, that my life contained many compelling interesting perspectives. All of our lives do, the art comes in bringing them out. Illustrating them, telling the story, weaving the narrative. You have to have the story, and we all do. But how to tell it...and to what end?
I haven't answered that second question, I have the luxury of just doing it. I started this blog at the end of May, as soon as I returned from the last softball tournament and I have faithfully updated it daily. I haven't built up much readership. I know that successful well-read blogs exist (for example Pioneer Woman, which I enjoy along with thousands of others). But I do appreciate my few loyal readers, really I do. I joke that my readership is in the low double digits. After my sister, my readership drops right off. However I have a few frequent visitors including Erwin in BC...and Cheryl leaves comments that I appreciate.
We'll end the year at a little party at the Greater Gellermans. 2007 ends in transition for our daughters. And, when I stop to think about it, my immense personal loss of my father, my mother in law and Dan Beittel. These people have always been part of my life, always. And now they are gone from my sight.
Happy New Year! I'm posting this after midnight....

4 comments:
Hi Azure,
I am a faithful reader of your photoessays, although I don't always comment. I love your writing style and the stories you share. I'm amazed that my sitemeter shows a high readership (70-90 average), but I think that's because of the mention on Andrew's blog, which gets hits in the thousands (?). I just enjoy writing, and sharing my daily life (minus the angst of being the mother of a strong-willed teenager).
Happy New Year to you and your family.
Your faithful reader/writer loves the writting interaction. I salute your effort and hope it continues! Although others don't write. Your tracking data shows you have people reading all the time!
As you know I can relate to the angst of being the mother of a budding strong-willed teenager!
Happy New Year from the snowy Mid-West!
It is interesting this blogging world...some people visit and never ever leave a comment...I don't understand them...why not drop a quick "hello" or "nice stuff" or
" that was funny"?....Not sure I understand why they stop at all...to increase your readership....you need to go and comment at lots of blogs and they will come and see who you are. If they like your stuff, they come back. Join the CDPB and you will be amazed at who visits. So, here is my "Hello" and nice to meet ya!
Hi,
I'm the commenter who wrote awesome things every day.
Haha
Post a Comment