Monday, January 14, 2008

Photoessay #236 - *I* scanned this picture!


The scanner is back! Turns out there was nothing wrong with the scanner itself. Dennis tried up 'update' his software on his machine and ended up clobbering some drivers or something and he couldn't figure out how to fix it (more evidence of how computers sicken and die over a number of years). But (for once in my life) I have a new up to date machine so he moved the scanner next to me and installed it on my machine. Plus I now have Photoshop (ok an older version but still). And he showed me how to scan pictures. I even touched this one up.

So for now, we are in Stage 1 of the scanner life cycle.

How about this picture? Baby Ilana (around her first birthday) in 1987. Now, that is one VERY cute baby. Her eyes were blue (really violet) until she was about a year old, now they are brown-hazel. Always good-natured, she did have a pronounced baby glare. She's sitting in the "Baby Tender" (pronounced 'babytenda' by my parents), a rather large (but extremely stable) apparatus that took the place of a high chair. Mostly wood and metal with a smooth surface tray. You can imagine the yucky baby cereal and other items that could get stuck in all of those creases and crannies. It survived myself and my two siblings with my parents. Somehow it got to me (how? did they ship it?) and I had it for my four kids. What happened to it? I have no idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that thing looks like a torture device. No wonder I turned out so weird. :)

Cheryl said...

I forgot about those baby tenders. My mom had one and we have the pictures to prove it too.

So glad to hear about your scanner. One day I'll tell you about mine. When I get one!