Sunday, January 13, 2008

Photoessay #235 - Gowoon back to Korea



Yesterday, Gowoon returned to Korea after being in the US for one year. She was with us since the beginning of November. Though she complained about us quite a bit, I do believe that she enjoyed being part of our family and we did a good job as a host family. Yes, I did make home-made vegetable soup a lot. And Naomi does like to spend a lot of time by herself. Gowoon wanted to do every single thing in America. When she came to us, she eagerly went with me to my deep water aerobics class. Clearly, she did not know how to swim at all. But she was eager to learn so I arranged some swimming lessons for her. By the end of the two months, she went from being a non-swimmer to being able to swim the 'long way' across the pool three times in a row. She returns to Korea as a swimmer.

She enjoyed meeting all of the siblings spending time with Ilana and Susanna as they were here during the holidays. She will be a success here or back in Korea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Huh,
I did complain a lot!
Thanks for telling.